Skip to main content

Featured

News

Photo by Amy Treasure on Unsplash Shortly after Easter this year I got a very bad concussion that left me on full bed rest for three weeks and semi bed rest for another 3 weeks. For the first three weeks after the diagnosis I was not allowed to use a computer or a phone. I could not even watch TV. I was only allowed to sleep or take a walk if I felt good. The first couple of weeks were hard. The following weeks were better as I learned how to pace myself. I realized that my body was quite adept at letting me know when it had had enough. And so I listened to me and surprisingly, I learned a lot about myself.  For the first time in my life I was able to rest without guilt and it was wonderful. I unplugged and reconnected with nature and it made me incredibly happy. This enabled me to see ME for the first time in what seemed like forever and I started to understand what was missing in my life, what I needed and what I no longer needed.  For a very long time I have equated

DIY: Cake Plate

I have been looking for a cake plate since forever but I haven't had any success finding one that I like. They are all too big, too small, too fancy, too plain (are you getting the vibe that I'm a bit like goldilocks!) so I finally decided to make my own. 

First I found a nice glass candle holder at Zone Maison which became the base of my cake plate. 


Then I looked for a simple glass plate, like this one that I found at Benix, which could be glued to the glass base. 


Oddly enough, the candle base, which I had not brought with me, ended up fitting perfectly into the grooves on the bottom of the plate so I didn't need to glue it if I didn't want to. However, as cake plates are large and somewhat unwieldy, I decided to use glue dots to secure the plate to the base. This makes it easy to remove the plate from the base and store it. If you wanted the plate to be permanently glued to the base you could use a glue gun to secure it. 

Materials:

1 glass candle base
1 glass plate (either desert or dinner plate)
glue dots or glue gun

Instructions:

Place glue dots along the top of the candle base. If using a glue gun, spread glue along the top of the candle base. Place plate on top and press down to secure. 

And now you have your fabulous cake plate! 


Comments

Popular Posts